In this episode of The Physical Performance Show I have a fire-side chat with Dane Bird Smith - AUS Olympian: Bronze Medallist Rio 20km Race Walk. Dane unpacks his preparation and training as well as the triumph of winning a bronze at the Rio Olympic Games.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- How Dane got into Race Walking.
- Dane picking up Race Walking naturally and winning nationals all within a year
- Training for World Juniors
- Setting a 10km record
- Gaining qualification to Rio Olympics
- Unpacking the Rio Olympic Games
- The last 3km of the race and the challenge set
- The emotion of finishing third in Rio
- Working and training on technique
- Dane’s Dad on the emotion of the win.
- Where the nickname ‘Birdman’ came from
- The medal – weight and heaviness and what it means to him
- Dane’s future goals
- Dane’s physical challenge – L Sit for 5 seconds
If you have enjoyed the show please hit SUBSCRIBE for to ensure you are one of the first to future episodes.
Jump over to POGO Physio - www.pogophysio.com.au for more details
Follow @Brad_Beer Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
Please direct any questions, comments, and feedback to the above social media handles.
Powered by POGO Physio, Mermaid Waters, Australia