In this episode of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer catches up with Australian Swim Team Member and 2012 London Olympic Games silver medallist (4x200m freestyle relay) Jade Neilsen.
In this episode we explore:
- From learn to swim classes at Miami's Pizzey Park & Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving Club (plz hyperlink in show notes)
- 17yrs making the decision to pursue the international opportunity that swimming presented
- How Jade avoided burn out in junior years and how lesser expectations helped avoid burnout in the junior years/scene
- What basketball superstar Kobe Bryant thought of the Australian swim team's training ethic
- Why Jade had goose bumps walking into the Olympic village at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- The Olympic Games athlete village food hall and what McDonalds was doing in there!
- The experience of swimming in front of 18,000 people at 21yrs of age
- How Jade navigated the 6hrs day of swimming when preparing for the Olympic Games
- How Jade has transitioned from professional athlete to working 'non-athlete' and the associated challenges of this change
- How Jade will feel watching the 2016 Rio Olympic Games
If you have enjoyed the show please hit SUBSCRIBE to ensure you are one of the first to receive future episodes.
Jump over to POGO Physio - www.pogophysio.com.au for more details
Follow @Brad_Beer Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
Please direct any questions, comments, and feedback to the above social media handles.
Powered by POGO Physio, Mermaid Waters, Australia