In this episode of The Physical Performance Show I have a fire-side chat with Redbull Crashed Ice Athlete, Luke 'AussieCrasher' Webb - Australia's first Red Bull Crashed Ice athlete.
Listen in as we delve into the fo!llowing:
- What is Ice Crash Downhill?
- What is the history and how did the sport start?
- Redbull is the major sponsor behind the sport
- How did you come across the sport and how did you start to do it?
- Have you ever been on ice skates previously?
- When did you first set skate on an ice crash course?
- Describe the course in New Brunswick?
- How Luke reached the top 64 in February 2016
- What is the crushed ice tour?
- Are Crushed Ice Athletes full time athletes or do they work as well?
- When does the next competition start?
- How Luke got championship points to get into the next tour.
- Luke's full time job is as a Chemical Metallurgy Engineer, what do you do in Metallurgy?
- What does your training look like?
- How Luke trains in Australia (a hot climate)
- Why Rollerblading on a BMX track makes great training
- Has there been a period in your career where your training has waned?
- What does your family think of the sport?
- What Sports Luke played growing up?
- How Luke got sponsorship?
- Luke is the top ranked athlete in Australia.
- The sport is looking at becoming an Olympic Sport
- Why the St Paul Track was the most extreme
- Why Luke Skated Hard and Landed Hard!
- The Top Speeds are 65 to 75km per hour.
- Why Luke wants to be his best self!
- What are the other extreme sports that inspire you?
- What is on Luke's sporting bucket list?
If you have enjoyed the show please hit SUBSCRIBE for to ensure you are one of the first to future episodes.
Jump over to POGO Physio - www.pogophysio.com.au for more details
Follow @Brad_Beer Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
Please direct any questions, comments, and feedback to the above social media handles.
Powered by POGO Physio, Mermaid Waters, Australia