In episode 94 of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer sits down with Richard Varga - Dual Slovakian Olympic Triathlete & 4x World Aquathlon Champion who is known as the 'fish' of the world triathlon scene. Richard is a Slovakian dual triathlete Olympic games representative, representing Slovakia in the 2012 and 2016 Olympic Games. Richard is also the 4 times world aquathlon champion – swim, run. Richard has been the Slovakian triathlete of the year an amazing 8 times and in 2017 the World Triathlon series voted Richard the best swimmer of the year. Being first out of the water 5 out of 6 times in 2017 which throughout his career means that Richard has been first out of water 33 out of 40 starts.
Listen in as we delve into the following:
- The learnings throughout his career
- The early start in swimming
- Growing up with a Mum as a swim coach
- Transitioning into triathlon at the age of 19
- 3 attributes for a great swimmer
- Triathletes that Richard Admires
- Lead up to the Olympic Games
- Rehabbing an injury
- Training and friendship with the Brownlee Brothers
- Performance Round
- Richard's Best Advice
- Richard's Weekend Warrior Challenge
- Richard's bucket list
If you enjoyed this episode of The Physical Performance Show please hit SUBSCRIBE for to ensure you are one of the first to future episodes.
Jump over to POGO Physio - www.pogophysio.com.au for more details
Follow @Brad_Beer Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
Please direct any questions, comments, and feedback to the above social media handles.
Powered by POGO Physio, Mermaid Waters, Australia