In this episode of The Physical Performance Show Brad Beer catches up with Dual Rugby International Mat Rogers to dive deep into the highs and lows of a remarkable football career.
In this episode Mat shares openly around:
- growing up with your Dad as a sporting legend (Steve Rogers)
- his very first training session at the Cronulla Sharks
- telling white lies to pass medical tests to get a start despite serious injury!
- the transition to Rugby Union
- breaking the news to Mat's terminally ill mother about transitioning from rugby league to rugby union
- the Rugby League Premiership regret of the 1999 Cronulla Sharks team
- why Mat wants his kids to be coachable
- why Mat never felt comfortable or like 'he had made it'
- how Mat got his Gold Coast Titans start
- why Mat turned down another season playing for the Gold Coast Titans
- Mat's fondest Wallabies moment
- leaving the Wallabies
- how Mat learnt of the tragic passing of his father
- the one thing Mat remembers most about his father
- what's on Mat's sporting list
- why success to Mat has nothing to do with sports
If you have enjoyed the show please hit SUBSCRIBE to ensure you are one of the first to receive future episodes.
Jump over to POGO Physio - www.pogophysio.com.au for more details
Follow @Brad_Beer Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
Please direct any questions, comments, and feedback to the above social media handles.
Powered by POGO Physio, Mermaid Waters, Australia